Gå till innehåll

Gatekeeper, ett nordiskt Star Trek-drama

Nyhet

Rekommenderade inlägg

Som ni nu vet är hela Gatekeeper teamet presenteread på hemsidan. Från och med måndag presenterar vi nästa team: Workstation officers, där det också finns hela tre svenskar! ;)

Kom också ihåg att vi varje måndag presenterar en nyhetsartickel - och denna måndagen är den specielt interessant för er i Sverige! ;P

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

• Svar 148
  • Skapad
  • Senaste svar

Mest aktiva medlemmar i ämnet

Då börjar måndag närma sig och nästa veckas nyhetsartikel är en riktig godbit, medan veckan därpå blir nog en fantastisk SVENSK samarbetspartner. För er som tittade denna veckan presenterade vi svenska Joacim Palmkvist som vår animatör. Känd från Myggan (animation på Kanal 5) og Frostbite (svensk Vampyrfilm).

En mycket skicklig medarbetare.

Måndagen presenterar vi en skådespelare som har imponerat oss alla genom de sista åren, och veckan därpå vår nya svenska modellerare OCH vår Orion Slavegirl. ;P

Länk till kommentar

Då börjar måndag närma sig och nästa veckas nyhetsartikel är en riktig godbit, medan veckan därpå blir nog en fantastisk SVENSK samarbetspartner. För er som tittade denna veckan presenterade vi svenska Joacim Palmkvist som vår animatör. Känd från Myggan (animation på Kanal 5) og Frostbite (svensk Vampyrfilm).

En mycket skicklig medarbetare.

Måndagen presenterar vi en skådespelare som har imponerat oss alla genom de sista åren, och veckan därpå vår nya svenska modellerare OCH vår Orion Slavegirl. ;P

Huh? Sedan när då har vi en orion slave girl med? J.

Länk till kommentar

Sedan förra veckan! :) Men eftersom vi redan nästa måndag presenterar en av våra riktiga Star Trek skådespelare (som signerade kontrakt på lördag), så måste vi vänta med Orion slavegirl artikeln till måndagen d??rpå (17:a mars).

Som ni ser är måndagens två nya karaktärer/skådespelare lite försenade (pga reinstallering av min dator mm), men de postas senare i dag. De är båda svenska og två av de mest spännande karaktärerna i works station teamet. Första del av manuset är också några dagar försenat och postas denna veckan istället för söndagen som var.

Redigerad av the2mas
Länk till kommentar

Sedan förra veckan! :) Men eftersom vi redan nästa måndag presenterar en av våra riktiga Star Trek skådespelare (som signerade kontrakt på lördag), så måste vi vänta med Orion slavegirl artikeln till måndagen därpå (17:a mars).

Som ni ser är måndagens två nya karaktärer/skådespelare lite försenade (pga reinstallering av min dator mm), men de postas senare i dag. De är båda svenska og två av de mest spännande karaktärerna i works station teamet. Första del av manuset är också några dagar försenat och postas denna veckan istället för söndagen som var.

Tittar man på hur Orions normalt sätt är klädda så kan vederbörande inte vara det minsta blyg. J.

Länk till kommentar

Sedan förra veckan! :) Men eftersom vi redan nästa måndag presenterar en av våra riktiga Star Trek skådespelare (som signerade kontrakt på lördag), så måste vi vänta med Orion slavegirl artikeln till måndagen därpå (17:a mars).

Tittar man på hur Orions normalt sätt är klädda så kan vederbörande inte vara det minsta blyg. J.

Hm anar jag en viss nyfikenhet från föregående talare? ;)

Länk till kommentar

Hm anar jag en viss nyfikenhet från föregående talare? ;)

En orion flicka i sänghalmen skulle man inte tacka nej till om det är det du menar :rodna: J.

Länk till kommentar

Jag är rädd du blir besviken! Orions befolkning har utvecklas en hel del på 500 år.

Attan också, måste allting utvecklas åt fel håll? Kan man inte utvecklas så att man tar av sig kläder istället? Men orions gillar ju att flörta (åtminstonde i ent) så man kanske kan tänka sig något åt det romantiska hållet? J.

Länk till kommentar

Jag är rädd du blir besviken! Orions befolkning har utvecklas en hel del på 500 år.

Attan också, måste allting utvecklas åt fel håll? Kan man inte utvecklas så att man tar av sig kläder istället? Men orions gillar ju att flörta (åtminstonde i ent) så man kanske kan tänka sig något åt det romantiska hållet? J.

Tyvärr! :) Däremot får man se deras egenskaper använd som vapen!

Länk till kommentar

• 1 månad senare...

Två stora nyheter:

1. Gatekeeper skriptet finns nu för alla att läsa på gatekeeper forumet. Eftersom det resterande skriptet görs klar postas det också för alla att läsa. Bara slutet hålls hemligt.

2. En ny jätteprofil har tackat ja till att bli med som skådespelare i Gatekeeper filmen (han skrev och frågade själv). Nyhetsartickel om detta på hemsidan på måndag! :) Har skickat en PM till dig Pjotr'k på forumet så du kan förbereda din egen artickel om du vill!

Redigerad av the2mas
Länk till kommentar

Denna måndagen får vi se en bild från Gatekeeper filmen i veckand artickel + alla de tre förste delar av manus som är klara till nu. Nästa manusdel får vi om en vecka! :)

Gatekeeper söker skådespelare til en av huvudrollerna i Gatekeeper då vår ej har möjlighet. Här är beskrivningen:

http://www.startrekgatekeeper.com/node/54

Länk till kommentar

• 8 månader senare...

Önskar med detta presentera öppningen, vinjetten och hela första akt för er alla:

Gatekeeper Script

(3rd Edition)

By Thomas Dahl

Research Barbara Adams

OPENING SEQUENCE

Black

Text:

"Ares, Mars - 2887"

Sound of a fly buzzing

Fade from black - Open to camera behind Mars-fly in mid air.

Fly landing on a twig with big stone in the background - out of focus. Focus shift to stone which opens eyes and snap after the fly. It escapes.

It circles the area for a few seconds and when the audience finally relaxes after the attack - - the stone creature jumps for the fly again - but it escapes a second time.

Camera follows the fly toward a futuristic house at the Mars Village, and camera shifts to the wall of the house. Soon after the fly arrives and walks around for a few seconds before flying away again. Camera does not follow.

Camera shifts to the lower frame of an open window, and the fly lands again and walks around. It closes in on a small technical devise to the far left of the frame and the upper part of the device turns very slowly toward the fly before a small phaser beam is activated and hits the fly, which gives away a tiny squeak and lies still - smoke rising from dead body.

Girl: Gotcha!

The camera zooms out to show the entire window, with a plant in a flower pot standing in the middle of the window frame. A girl - about 14 years old - grips the fly with a pair of tweezers and holds it over the one big flower on the plant.

Girl: (To the plant) Wakey! Wakey! Breakfast is ready!

The flower opens and a mouth full of teeth is slowly coming out of the flower, and suddenly another smaller mouth within the other grabs the fly and half the tweezers (ref. to aliens)

Girl : That's the second pair of tweezers this week…… That's it! You're history!

She lifts the pot with her left hand and pulls the plant up by its roots with

the right.

A large shadow rises before her and she looks up toward the window - chin dropping.

A giant version of the same plant sneers at her from outside the window - leaning in over the window frame. Several mouths of different sizes come out towards her very slowly - drooling heavily on the floor, and she pulls back one step at a time.

She puts the plant back in the pot and pets it carefully with three small movements of her hand.

Girl: Nice little planty!

…before her eyes suddenly catches two small holo-emitters in each upper corner of the window frame.

Girl: Computer, end program!

The plant shrinks to a small boy hanging over the lower window frame.

Boy: Hi, sis! Ma says bring your PADD, we're late for school!

He lets go of the frame just in time to duck the smaller plant (with pot) zooming over his head, and down to the stone stairs outside, which follows the round building from the second level and all the way to the entrance on the other side of the house. The girl shouts at him.

Girl: I hate you, you little troll!

She grabs her PADD, the door swishes aside and she leaves the room in a hurry.

Downstairs the boy enters through the front door and places himself on the transporter pad. His sister is running down the stairs, and the father eating his breakfast at a table while tapping on a PADD. Their mother is picking up clothes from the floor.

Mother: (to her husband) Would it kill you to help out a bit?

Father: I've got five minutes to finish this report

Girl: Computer…

Mother: Wait! Your PADD!

She turns around and reaches for the PADD on the table where her husband is eating. He hands it to her without even looking her way - busy reading his own PADD.

The Girl smacks her brother in the back of his head while their mother has her back turned.

Boy: MUM!

Father: Will you two stop it!

The boy is making faces at her sister with his tongue out.

Mother: Enough! Here! (she gives the boy his PADD)

Girl: Computer! Transport!

The two instantly dissolves in a large number of small balls falling to the ground and disappearing just above the surface in small sparks. A few balls bounce up again half a meter and disappear the next time they fall (new transporter effect).

The mother picks up the uniform again and folds it by pinching it to her chest with her chin and using her arms, and at the same time she gives the replicator a command.

Mother: Computer! Feline Supplement 14!

The replicator produces a bowl with cat food, while the mother puts the uniform at the top of the heap of folded clothes. She then grabs the bowl and hurries out the front door.

Mother: (To the cat) Hi Sweetie! Where have you been the last few days? Huh? Are you

hungry, Sweetie?

The cat hisses at her.

Mother: What's wrong?

The cat looks over her shoulder, turns and run away, as a flickering of blue light is slowly filling the surroundings. Camera zooming out as she turns and spot what is hovering over the planet (not shown by the camera). She's backing toward the entrance while the camera keeps zooming out - one shot at a time.

Mother: Jerry……JERRY!!!!!

Camera continues to zoom out to an overview of the neighborhood, the country, the planet, and finally a distance from the planet where one can see the Nexus over the planet.

Dramatic music fades over into the theme music

Fade to black!

VIGNETTE SEQUENCE

Text: "Oslo - 2892"

Fade from black

Camera panning over the wall of Captain Elisabeth Janeway's apartment with pictures from her past, and Starfleet's history…

Text: "A 4Father Production"

…reaching the base of a window - curtains hanging out of the window - slowly moving in the wind. Outside the Space Elevator is just descending down to the ground.

Fade to shot of the Vigelandspark, with camera craned from the ground and up, showing a woman crossing the large square, with the beautiful, futuristic Oslo behind the elevator.

Text: "A Subtopia Film"

Fade to the elevator on its way up with the camera slowly spinning around it - giving a peek inside the front, as it moves past the screen - with people looking out the window

Text: "Based upon "Star Trek" created by Gene Roddenberry"

Fade to overview of the docking station, were the Mars Ferry is docked, and the docking clamps opening with a metallic "click".

Fade to Ferry gliding away from the docking station (from a far) and over the camera (covering the view with its black belly).

Text: "Starring Irene Brustad as Captain Elisabeth Janeway" & "and Thomas Dahl as Commander Tomak"

Camera rising from black and above a stone formation on the moon, with Earth as background, and the skyline of a city in the far. The Ferry surfacing in the horizon - gliding all the way past the camera on its right side.

Text: "Anton Sundén as Garry Taren" & "Martin Moen as Marak"

Sequences with pictures of the ferry flying in space and close-ups of the Ferry's hull with names of actors fading in and out on the screen:

Text: "Kenneth Lund as Ferman Komiri" & "Carolina Gómez Lagerlöf as Sevet"

Text: "Nicola Powel as Camilia" & "Angela Folåsen as Lauren"

Text: "Laila Strand Krystad as JJ Helen" & "and Erik-Andrè Mamen as Richard Brady"

Text: "Peter Rydèn as Ben Fletcher" & "and Stefan Åkesson as Andrew"

Text: "Frederic Lehman as Kelaan" & "and Christian Kinell as John Riley"

Text:"Alexander Angeltveit as John Walker" & "and Herbert Van-Vliet as Sebastian Wood"

Text: "Ole-Tom Ingebrigtsen as Adm. Hawk" & "and Barbara Adams as UFP President Sedak"

Cut to Ferry flying from right to left side of the screen. Camera following until straight ahead - where the moon Phobos is visible behind the Ferry as soon as it disappears out of the shot to the left. The camera is moving toward the moon (with a big hole where small space ships are entering and exiting). Camera rising above the moon's surface (with the silhouettes of two space-suited workers fixing a technical device)…

(Music climax)

…and the Gatekeeper station is shown for the first time, with the ferry appearing from behind the moon on the low left side - heading for the station. Camera moving in on the station and a large cargo ship passing in the upper right corner and a fog horn like sound warning to keep out of the way (sound created by force fields instead of traditional sound waves in the air).

Fading to a series of close-ups of the station and:

Text: “Featuring Denise Crosby”

Text: “Mark Allen Shepherd”

Text: “Christer Fuglesang”

Text: “James Cawley”

Text: “and Bobby Rice”

(Additional actors will follow as we go)

Cut to close-up of the docking clamps and a shadow slowly covering the clamps as the ferry is docking.

Fade to camera driving along corridor floor with Janeway's feet walking toward the camera.

Fade to camera rising on the other side of the promenade door. Door opens (camera still rising) and Captain Elisabeth Janeway is seen for the first time. She walks under the camera.

The camera fades to the floor behind her and is craned over her as she leans on the railing of the balcony. In front of her there is nothing but black, and the title…

"Gatekeeper"

…hanging in mid air.

Fade to black

Text: "Script by Thomas Dahl & Barbara Adams

Act One

Sequence 1/ Scene 1

Fade in from black

Close up of a small glass cage on a table in sickbay, with Captain Janeway bending down, looking through the glass from the other side. On the inside small creatures have gathered by a small artificial pond to the left - drinking from the water.

Janeway: What are they?

Doctor Brady is standing with his back to her on the other side of the room - taking notes on a PADD while observing the same type of creatures in a much larger cage inside the wall.

The Doctor: (Sighing) Look! Much as I love to chat, I do have (turning around) a lot of

work….oh…Captain Janeway! I’m dreadfully sorry! I thought…

Janeway: That’s quite all right, Doctor. (still observing the creatures) What exactly are

you working on?

The Doctor: Oh…eh..well…

Quietly reaching over to one of the counters with a “hope she didn’t notice” expression on his face, grabbing a coffee mug and throwing it in the bin.

The Doctor: These are Dates. Discovered in the caves of Davenport Mountains during

the building of UFP Headquarters by construction worker Margaret Date. We believed

them to be a primitive form of Arachnids, but it seems we were wrong. Let me

demonstrate!

He signals her to join him by the other cage

The Doctor: These Dates are the siblings of our friends in the other cage. Now watch this.

The doctor pushes a few buttons on a panel by the side of the cage.

Cut to an under-water shot of a hatch opening and a predator swimming in, lurking just under the surface where the Dates are drinking water. Suddenly its tongue shoots out and snatches one of the creatures, dragging it under the surface. The other creatures run away from the water.

The doctor rush back to the other cage and Janeway follows him. They both bend down and observe the Dates, still drinking their water.

The Doctor: And five…four…three…two…

Suddenly the creatures panic and run away from the water.

Janeway: Fascinating! How’s that even possible?

The Doctor: Every litter of the species is somehow connected to each other.

Janeway: Telepathy?

The Doctor: No! That’s what we can’t figure out! We know the distance between them

is NOT a factor. It’s as though they are one and the same mentally, but inhabit different

bodies. It's been known among skilled Vulcans, mind you, but not in such detail.

Suddenly..

Sedak: And whatever they experience during their lifespan…

Janeway and the doctor straighten up and the United Federation of Planets President Sedak is standing behind them.

Sedak: …their offspring is born with the very same knowledge as their parents AND their

parents siblings.

Janeway: Mrs. President!

A loud BANG outside. Captain Janeway rush out of Sickbay, while Sedak turns to the doctor and gives him a memory chip.

Sedak: I need you to take a look at this, doctor.

The Doctor: Eh…yes, Ma'am! Right away, Ma'am!

Sedak leaves the sickbay to join Captain Janeway.

Act One

Sequence 1/ Scene 2

Janeway is standing by the banister around the promenade balcony - looking down on the main street. A group of armed terrorists are standing in the middle of the street. Two of them are holding a hostage each, and there are three others pointing their weapons in different directions around them. The crowd is hiding behind anything available.

Janeway: (Touches her badge) Janeway to…

Sedak comes up at her side and signals her to stop.

Sedak: Wait!

Janeway: What’s going on?

Sedak: I believe we are about to find out, Captain!

Terrorist (with lady as hostage): Captain Janeway! You have five minutes to appear or

we will destroy this station! The countdown starts now!

He pushes a button on his bracelet and part of the device on the floor in front of him moves up, around, and back in place again, beeps once - and starts blinking.

Janeway looks at the president!

Sedak: (To Janeway) Not yet!

Janeway: I hope you know what you’re doing, Ma'am!

Sedak is scanning the promenade with her eyes as though looking for someone.

Cut to the Andorian brothers running the bar “Blues” - both sitting on the floor behind the counter. The young, skinny one (Oral) with only one antenna on the top of his head is sitting behind the bigger one (Eral).

Eral: Could you not breathe on me with that Blood Worm breath of yours! What do you eat that crap for anyways?

Oral: They are soooooo lucky I didn’t bring my Bat'leth

Eral: (Looks at him) Can you even lift it?

Oral: Bitch!

Both look down at the floor and the camera tilt down to show what they are looking at; The floor in front of the counter (just visible from underneath the counter). A pair of shoes is slowly walking past toward the exit.

Cut to a corner of the exit door, where the person that just passed the counter stops. He pulls the big hood off his head, and the Vulkan/Okampa face of Tomak appears. He glances at the terrorists very shortly and looks across the street, where Komiri (Species Zakdorn/S116) sits eating his dinner. A soft whisper is heard - without the words coming through clearly.

Komiri is just about to put a fork in his mouth when he freezes and raises his head - meeting Tomak’s eyes directly. Komiri turns his head toward the terrorists and the camera zooms in on a number of details:

- The Bat’leth on the back of a terrorist

- A terrorist hiding behind a pillar - and then to a Vulcan standing on the other side.

- And to the terrorist leader holding the frightened lady

He looks over in another direction at:

- The lipstick on one of the two masked terrorists

- The terrorist closest to the candy stand and changing focus to the El-Aurian/Krenim lady minding her own business just behind him.

Then he looks back at Tomak. Tomak nods. Then he meets the eyes of five visitors on the promenade and the whisper is heard again. Each and one nods back at him.

The Klingon/Vulcan Marak

The Vulcan Hologram Torok

The Cameloid/Changeling Camila

The El-Aurian/Krenim Lauren

The Kriosian/Orion Taren

Taren walks straight over to the first masked terrorist

Taren: Hi!

The female terrorist raises her Phaser rifle and points it toward Taren.

Terrorist: (woman's voice) Stay where you are!

Taren: (smiles at her) You don’t shoot people on a first date do you?

His eyes get a green glow, and an almost invisible green gas is flowing like waves between them.

Close up of her eyes softening and her finger leaving the trigger. Taren gets closer and slowly pushes the rifle aside.

Taren: That’s right! Don’t fight it! (Kisses her on the lips and she collapses on the floor)

The Terrorist by the candy stand turns around from the noise, pulls a large knife out of his belt, and starts walking toward Taren.

Lauren (standing behind him) lifts one fist with thumb and little finger pointing forward, and the terrorist starts shrinking for each step until he’s a small child in a grownup’s cloths hanging around him - the knife on the floor beside him.

The Vulcan by the pillar turns around and walks straight into the pillar. On the other side an arm reaches out of the pillar, pinching the terrorist in the shoulder - rendering him unconscious. The terrorist's hostage runs away.

The other masked terrorist is on his way toward Taren and pulls the Bat'leth from his back.

Attached to the Bat'leth is a large Tribble, and the masked terrorist (Klingon) cries out and drops the Bat'leth. The Tribble are rolling across the floor before rising from the floor as Camila. The Klingon’s face is twisting with anger but suddenly his eyes are rolling back and he falls to the ground. The Vulcan has reached him from behind and has pinched his shoulder.

The Vulcan/Klingon Marak punches in a few numbers on the display of his boomerang and throws it at the last terrorist. The terrorist barely ducks his head but straightens up, smiling, when he sees the boomerang is about to miss by several metres. But just before passing the terrorist the boomerang activates phaser beams in each end, and cut the head of the terrorist.

Sedak: May I present - the Gatekeepers.

Janeway: Impressive!

Sedak: Indeed! 42 seconds! They outdid themselves this time.

Janeway: No! They didn't!

Sedak looks at her.

Janeway: The clock is still ticking!

Sedak's eyes widen and she turns her eyes on the promenade, just as the lady just rescued from the terrorist turns her face back from the body lying on the floor and screams:

Lady: DEATH TO STARFLEET!!!

She pushes a button on her bracelet before the Gatekeepers have time to react. The device on the floor explodes. A man nearby is thrown through the air, and seen from behind Sedak and Captain Janeway the flesh are ripped from their bones before everything is blown into pieces. From the outside one see the space station explode, and a giant shock wave ripping the moon Phobos apart, and then reaching the planet Mars - ripping away the surface.

With the planet burning in the middle of the screen the camera is zooming out, revealing the picture being played out in the eyes of the terrorist lady - frozen in a position with her finger only centimetres over the button on her wrist. A few metres behind her Tomak is standing with his hands stretched out against the terrorist, planting the suggestion of an explosion in her mind.

Sedak: (To Janeway) How did you know?

Janeway: She never once looked at the bomb!

Sedak raises her chin and looks at Janeway for a few seconds, then nods, and looks down at the promenade where the Gatekeeper team is heading for the turbo lifts.

Tomak: (Padding Komiri on his shoulder) Well, done my friend!

Komiri: It's going to cost you!

Tomak: I know!

Camila: (To Taren) “You don’t shoot people on the first date”? Can you get any

cheesier?

Taren: What?

Fade to black

Act One

Sequence 2 / Scene 1

Fade from black

The shot opens in the middle of the Main Promenade. It’s a busy street with alien performers doing acrobatics and jugglers juggling small furry creatures that squeak every time their thrown into the air. Between the public small holographic fishes are swimming between everyone, and as a small kid tries to touch one his mother pulls him back and smack his hand.

A hovering minibus passes by and we follow it for a few metres before stopping - letting in disappear from view - and behind it an unknown alien species entering one of the transporter areas. A holographic touch screen twirls around him, and he points toward he desired destination on a big blue print of the station. He dissolves in a number of small balls that fall to the ground and disappear just over the floor in small sparks. One or two balls re-bounce and disappear the second time.

The Gatekeeper team walks by and Gary turns around and observes the transporter as they pass.

Gary Taren: What happens if any of those balls bounce off the pad?

Camilia: (Behind him) You end up on the other side with a nose job.

Torok: Actually - each and every one of those spheres contains all the information

necessary to rebuild you (turns toward Camilia). Nose included.

Camilia forms a talking hand puppet with her right hand, and mouth Torok's answer behind his back.

The group stops outside The Blues Bar

Tomak: (Turns around toward the team) You have one hour and forty minutes. You then

transport to the briefing room for information about our first mission. Do you have a

question Gary?

Gary Taren: Is there by any chance a turbo lift?

Camilia: He’s afraid he’ll lose one of his balls!

(The others laugh)

Gary Taren: Well you could use a pair, couldn’t you!

Camila’s chin drops and she covers her chest with her right hand

The others: OOOooohhhhhhh

Tomak looks less than amused and shake his head as they walk by, and leave him alone with Ferman, in front of The Blues Bar entrance.

Tomak: (Looks at Ferman's smiling face for several seconds) You’re heading for the bar,

aren’t you!

Ferman keeps smiling!

Tomak: Quite

Tomak Leaves and Ferman turns and head for the bar.

Fade to black

Act One

Sequence 2 / Scene 2

Fuglesang: (sound fades in) … assembled in outer space between 1998 and 2011.

Fade from black

A Hologram of 21st Century astronaut Christer Fuglesang is ending his lecture about the International Space Station, and the camera moves from his left side and around to the front.

Fuglesang: The space station was is in a Low Earth Orbit of approximately 350 km and

travelled at an average speed of 27,700 kilometres per hour, completing 15.7 orbits per

day. The space station was a joint project of several international space agencies,

and was a continuation of several other previously planned space stations - like the

Russian Mir 2, the American Space Station Freedom, the European Columbus laboratory

and the Japanese Kibō laboratory.

The camera pans over rows of students in the classroom, while he talks. Amanda Lang is more occupied keeping her eyes on Mike Callahan at his desk on the other side of the room. He turns to pull another PADD from his bag - hanging over the back of his chair, and their eyes meet. He smiles and turns back again. She sighs and her head fall forward into her arms on the desk in front of her.

Fuglesang: The station was to stay in operation until 2016, but stayed in service until….

The Hologram program suddenly ends.

Principle Moore: Unfortunately we are out of time, folks - but you may download the rest

to your PADDS. There will be a test on 21st Century Space technology, and all the way

up to the very first Deep Space Mission, first thing Monday morning.

The students moan and start to leave their desks!

Lara: But it’s Archer's Day this Sunday.

Principle Moore: That's why we're having the test, Lara. So synthehol only folks.

Amanda swallows very heavily and takes a deep breath before approaching Mike - just finishing downloading the Fuglesang hologram into his PADD from a docking station on his desk! PADD.

Amanda: Hi!

Mike: (Smiles at her) Hi! Bummer about the party, hu?

Amanda: Yeeeaaah! Ehhhh....talking about the party...will you be bringing a girlfriend?

Mike: Hmmmm…I'm pretty sure I won't!

Amanda: Really? (smiles) Because I wondered if you would consider taking…

A boy Mike's age stops when passing him, putts his arms around him and kisses him on the cheek.

John: I'll pick you up at six, ok?

Mike: Cool!

John: (John waves to Amanda as he walks away) Hi!

Mike: Taking what?

Amanda's face is frozen in a somewhat fake smile.

Amanda: If you would consider taking me through the very first propulsion systems.

Grabs his arm and pulls him along.

Amanda: I didn't quite get the part about…

They both leave the room and the camera focuses on Principle Moore and two students standing in front of him. He's reading the PADD of one of the students - nodding his head as he pushes a button to scroll down over the text.

Moore: That’s amazing, Martin!

Martin smiles proudly at his friend beside him and nods his shoulder with his fist. The friend looks less than happy and is flicking his eyes.

Moore: In just 30 minutes you have actually managed to kill off half a squadron AND

make an entire planet unfit for life for the next 2000 years or so.

Martin: WHAT? (Grabs the PADD) Are you serious, Sir?

His friend is smiling!

Moore: Not really, No! You need to learn not to second guess yourself, Cadet!

Friend: (between his teeth) Damn!

As they walk away the principal turns to see that Gatekeeper Lauren has entered the room.

Lauren: Principle Moore?

Moore: Mrs...?

Lauren: Miss, actually! (shakes his hand) Lauren. I believe your office is next to mine.

Moore: Ahhhh! Starfleet’s little tease

Lauren: (Looks shocked) Excuse me!?

Moore: Tease!.........TCE? Time Continuum Expert!

Lauren: Oh…right…

They both laugh

Moore: Well, I’m glad you’re here. I’ve had some problem with one of your theses.

Lauren: I should hope so - as they’re all restricted to security clearance ten. I would

have to kill you!

Moore smiles at her but when she stays very serious his grin fades.

Lauren: Just pulling your leg, Principle. You should stop second guessing yourself you

know!

They laugh and turn towards the door which swishes open. And while walking through it and around the corner outside.

Moore: I think I’m going to like you, Lt!

As the door close, each half of the door is part of the next scene, which starts as soon as the door is fully closed.

Act One

Sequence 2/ Scene 3

Julie’s fingers dances over the panels until her concentration is broken by a Bajoran apple hovering out of the bowl in front of her. Tomak grabs the apple and rubs it against the chest

of his uniform. As he lift the apple up to his mouth to bite into it, Julie lifts her left hand and two long wire like tubes are shot out from between her knuckles. They penetrate the apple which is yanked out of Tomak’s hand. The wires are pulled back in and she grabs the apple between her fingers.

Tomak: Impressive! You’re Borg!

Julie: (without moving her lips) I know!

Tomak: (continues without moving his lips) Your telepathy is quite different from mine.

(The two keep talking through telepathy)

Julie: It is!

Tomak: You were severed from the collective before leaving the maturation chamber…

Julie: ..and before my vocal cords had developed. (she takes a bite of her apple)

I don’t have your telekinetic abilities though, or your abilities to plant suggestions. Interesting!

Tomak: I’m half Okampa. Then again you most likely know everything about me, by now - isn’t that so?

(Julie lifts her head, and measures him up and down, and her Siamese twin looks over her shoulder)

Jane: (also telepathic) We know you killed your parents!

A flash of a young boy covering his ears, tears on his cheeks. Sound of his parents arguing in front of him and their shadows on the wall behind him.

Tomak: I was only....

Flash continues. The young boy suddenly shouting at his parents.

Boy: Stop it!

Flames are appearing in front of him almost like an explosion, and he looks shocked.

Tomak: ...seven.

Julie: Don’t mind her. She’s the cranky one. I'm Julie by the way, and she's Jane. Our

friends call us JJ.

Jane: Or they would if we had any!

(Julie ignores her sister, grabs an apple and throws it to Tomak, but when a hand catches it, it’s a scanner, caught by engineer Riley in the Cargo Bay)

Act One

Sequence 2/ Scene 3

Riley: Do be careful with that Lieutenant! It's one of a kind!

Taren: Oh…sorry! It looked like an ordinary technical tricorder.

Riley is scanning the station power source without looking up.

Riley: It was! But thanks to the UFP restrictions I've had to rebuild it to be…(console sparks

when he touch it)…DAMN IT…to be able to do my job!

Stops scanning and looks at Taren

Riley: Can you believe it! I'm the chief engineer, and I don't even have the security

clearance for the station blue prints and technical manuals.

Taren: (Studying the power source) So...how do you fix whatever breaks down!

Riley: I tap it with my magic wand!

Taren laughs!

Riley: (points at Taren) OR I contact the UFP engineers. (Keeps working) I have a good

mind to keep the communicator buzzing all night. (Looks at Taren again) Mind you - I

have enough to sink my teeth into with what I do have clearance for. Like broken

replicators, Holodeck malfunctions - and don't get me started on the Holospheres.

Taren: (Looks at the power source) What's this then?

Riley: It's a contained subspace singularity.

Taren: Really? (looks closer) Like the old Romulan Quantum Singularity?

Riley: hehe I take it you're not an engineer then?

Taren: (smiles) Not really - no!

Riley: Well...kind of! But without all the problems attached. This one bends the

continuum of subspace.

Taren, who is leaning on the outer casing, quickly pulls back his hands

Riley: Oh don't worry! All radiation dissipates into the deep layers of subspace.

Taren: And how do you manipulate it into spilling energy in OUR layer of space?

Riley: With a polarized croniton emitter!

Scanning the chamber and handing it over to Taren

Riley: You can actually see the process in action by scanning for quantum anomalies.

Taren: Really? (looks at the scanner and is about to hand it back when he hesitates)

That's strange!

Riley: (grabs it and looks at it) What do you mean?

Taren: I'm no engineer, but there's more than one anomaly here.

Riley: Looks good to me! The curve's one hundred percent text book……..ahhhhh

Taren: Exactly! It's too perfect! There's no variation what so ever. It's absolutely clean all

the way through. There's only one type of reading that looks like this.

Riley: Particle Synthesis?

Taren: Right!

Riley looks around and fishes up a small device from a pocket and attaches it to the tricorder. He starts scanning the power source again, but suddenly it sparks and dies.

Riley: What the…..?

They look at each other

Taren: What happened?

Riley: I'm not sure. The moment I scanned beyond the synthetic casing the power cells

overloaded. Whatever is hidden behind it has a power potential ten times more that of

an subspace singularity the same size.

Taren: I don't think I like were this is going! Are you telling me we’re staring at a power

source capable of destroying half a quadrant?

Taren & Riley look at each other for a while and then at the power source. They both lean in slowly toward the camera (now taking the place of the power source). There’s a BANG. An empty glass is put on a table with excessive force, and we're in the Blues Bar at the Main Promenade.

Act One

Sequence 2/ Scene 3

Riley: Do be careful with that Lieutenant! It's one of a kind!

Taren: Oh…sorry! It looked like an ordinary technical tricorder.

Riley is scanning the station power source without looking up.

Riley: It was! But thanks to the UFP restrictions I've had to rebuild it to be…(console sparks

when he touch it)…DAMN IT…to be able to do my job!

Stops scanning and looks at Taren

Riley: Can you believe it! I'm the chief engineer, and I don't even have the security

clearance for the station blue prints and technical manuals.

Taren: (Studying the power source) So...how do you fix whatever breaks down!

Riley: I tap it with my magic wand!

Taren laughs!

Riley: (points at Taren) OR I contact the UFP engineers. (Keeps working) I have a good

mind to keep the communicator buzzing all night. (Looks at Taren again) Mind you - I

have enough to sink my teeth into with what I do have clearance for. Like broken

replicators, Holodeck malfunctions - and don't get me started on the Holospheres.

Taren: (Looks at the power source) What's this then?

Riley: It's a contained subspace singularity.

Taren: Really? (looks closer) Like the old Romulan Quantum Singularity?

Riley: hehe I take it you're not an engineer then?

Taren: (smiles) Not really - no!

Riley: Well...kind of! But without all the problems attached. This one bends the

continuum of subspace.

Taren, who is leaning on the outer casing, quickly pulls back his hands

Riley: Oh don't worry! All radiation dissipates into the deep layers of subspace.

Taren: And how do you manipulate it into spilling energy in OUR layer of space?

Riley: With a polarized chronoton emitter!

Scanning the chamber and handing it over to Taren

Riley: You can actually see the process in action by scanning for quantum anomalies.

Taren: Really? (looks at the scanner and is about to hand it back when he hesitates) That's strange!

Riley: (grabs it and looks at it) What do you mean?

Taren: I'm no engineer, but there's more than one anomaly here.

Riley: Looks good to me! The curve's one hundred percent text book……..ahhhhh

Taren: Exactly! It's too perfect! There's no variation what so ever. It's absolutely clean all the way through. There's only one type of reading that looks like this.

Riley: Particle Synthesis?

Taren: Right!

Riley looks around and fishes up a small device from a pocket and attaches it to the tricorder. He starts scanning the power source again, but suddenly it sparks and dies.

Riley: What the…..?

They look at each other

Taren: What happened?

Riley: I'm not sure. The moment I scanned beyond the synthetic casing the power cells overloaded. Whatever is hidden behind it has a power potential ten times more that of an subspace singularity the same size.

Taren: I don't think I like were this is going! Are you telling me we’re staring at a power source capable of destroying half a quadrant?

Taren & Riley look at each other for a while and then at the power source. They both lean in slowly toward the camera (now taking the place of the power source). There’s a BANG. An empty glass is put on a table with excessive force, and we're in the Blues Bar at the Main Promenade.

Act One

Sequence 2/ Scene 5

Fade from black

The Sickbay doors open and the Vorta Kelaan is standing in the opening with a bouquet of flowers.

Doctor Brady: You’re cutting it a bit short this time aren’t you? What’s with the flowers?

Are you asking me on a date?

Kelaan: Oh…no…I’ve been thinking!

Doctor Brady: Oh, let’s not go there again. We have the very same debate every year!

Sometime during the next two days your cellular structure will collapse…

Kelaan: …and leave an unpleasant puddle on the promenade - I know! But I have this

date in only two hours and I feel just fine. If we could do this tomorrow morning I’d be

ever so…

Doctor Brady: Do I have to remind you of the station opening?

Kelaan: Not really - no!

Doctor Brady: The most prominent guests in the entire Alpha Quadrant and you start

dissolving in the middle of President Sedak’s speech.

Kelaan: I remember, thank you very much!

Doctor Brady: Then one of the Andorian barkeepers start screaming about shape shifter

invasions and the entire ceremony ends in total panic.

Kelaan: Hey…let’s make it one hour! I could call her and...

Doctor Brady: Kelaan!!!

Kelaan walks over to one of the walls, line up with his back against it, with his head resting in a holder, and a see-through head band glide around his head.

Doctor Brady: Hold still, please!

He pushes a few buttons and there’s a beep, before the head band pulls back. A panel opens in the wall on his right side, and a perfect copy of Kelaan glides out.

Kelaan Clone: Bright lights! (looks at his original)Hello!

Kelaan is flicking his eyes and looks at the doctor who is now fiddling with an instrument - back turned against him. In the reflection of a mirror on the table, he sees him entering a small cylinder in his hyper spray.

The camera shifts to a front shot of the doctor - programming the hyper spray. He then turns and walk over to the original, and take his flowers.

Doctor Brady: Thank you!

He places his hyper spray under Kelaan's ear.

In a close up of Kelaan’s feet you see gel poring from underneath his trousers before the trousers themselves collapse in a heap.

The Kelaan Clone step forward and holds his hands up to his head.

Doctor Brady: Don’t worry! It’ll all come back to you in a few minutes, and you get an

entire week on Holodeck to reacquaint yourself with your life and your current patients.

Drink a lot of fluid...WATER only!!! Oh yeah…

Gives him the flowers.

Doctor Brady: You may want to put them in a vase!

The clone copy grabs the flowers and stumble out of Sickbay!

The doctor returns to his desk and pulls the small cylinder off his hyper spray when the com system activates.

Voice of Andrew: Kelaan! May I presume the process is completed?

Doctor Brady: Yes it is, Commander! But Kelaan is not here at the moment.

Voice of Andrew: Are you certain, Doctor Brady? According to the computer he is still in

Sickbay!

Doctor Brady: WHAT?

He turns around and the camera zooms in on the puddle on the floor, and at Kelaans badge on the floor beside it.

Fade out

Sequence 2/ Scene 5

From black

The camera moves from behind a cargo container, and the Cargo Bay is presented. The bay has several ships on standby, and elevators moving up and down the wall, to the other floors of the bay.

Wing Commander Walker is talking to one of his flight engineers who hands him a small device, when the hissing of the Cargo Bay doors opening makes him turn to his right.

Marak and Andrew walk in.

Walker: (To Andrew)! Commander! Any trace?

Andrew: No! He has clearly been planning this for quite some time. The moment his

clone left its stasis all life signs were transferred to the new copy in our main

computer. The only way we will find him is to physically bump into him - and it is a rather

large station.

Walker: He’ll turn up one way or the other.

Andrew: That is what worries me! (Turns toward Marak) Marak! This is Wing Commander

Walker. Walker…

Walker: (Leans forward and grab Marak's hand) ...one of the Gatekeepers I take it?

Marak: Yes!

Walker: Perfect timing! I just received your badge!

Marak: (Reaches for his badge) I was given my badge as I entered the…

Walker: That's a Starfleet badge. THIS…(attaches the badge to Marak's Jacket)

…is the Gatekeeper badge. Notice - there are two doves forming the Starfleet emblem.

The one to the left is your standard communicator. A always a slight touch will activate

it. Cover both doves for more than two seconds and you activate the second dove.

Marak covers the badge with his right hand and is shortly after tipped backwards in what suddenly appears as a seat. A bubble surrounds him, and holographic panels appear in front

of him.

Marak: (Touches a few buttons on the screen) Time travel capabilities! Subspace

Shielding! Where are the weapon systems?

Walker: There are none!

Marak touches the badge again. The panel retracts, the bubble disappears, and he’s tilted back on his feet.

Walker: It's an emergency solution only. A weapon system would double the size

of the badge.

Marak: I see. Did you also receive other equipment from UFP Headquarters?

Andrew: They arrived an hour ago. Unfortunately the cargo is labeled "security

clearance nine", which means you will be doing the inventory alone.

Marak: Could you take me there right away?

Andrew: Those are my orders, yes! It is stored at the upper bay. (Walks over to the

transporter pads and Marak follows). Computer - two to transport to Cargo Bay One.

The two dissolve in small balls which fall to the ground. Close-up of a small ball bouncing on the floor and a hand picking it up. It’s a golf ball and the hand belonging to it is Lt. Commander Fletcher, in his private quarters.

Act One

Sequence 2/ Scene 6

Ben Fletcher lifts his golf ball from the floor - the ball quite visible in his half see-through hand. As he straighten up there’s a “chip” and the view screen glides out of the wall. The computer voice activates.

Computer voice: Incoming Message from Starfleet Headquarters - Norway.

Fletcher places the golf club in its stand by his desk.

Fletcher: Computer! End program!

He flicks the golf ball in the air and it vanishes.

Fletcher: Open a secure channel!

The face of Admiral Hawk, Starfleet’s regional admiral - responsible for Starfleet’s ship and station engineers, is sitting behind his office desk.

Fletcher: Admiral!

Hawk: Lt. Commander! It’s good to see you again! How are you doing my friend?

Fletcher: Are my family ok?

Hawk pauses and sighs.

Hawk: You know I’m not in liberty to give you that information.

Fletcher says nothing.

Hawk: You died - and were given another chance through the “2nd Soul“ program.

You can’t ever be in contact with anyone from your former life, Fletcher.

Fletcher: But can’t they at least know I’m alive?

Hawk: Do you really think that would make it any easier for them? Besides - you're not

really alive, Fletcher! Your personality and experiences is recreated, and you're body is

nothing but a holographic tool. We've talked about this a number of times.

Fletcher: Trust me, Admiral. Holographic or not - I'm the same person I was before the

accident.

Hawk: That would be the very essence of the program, Fletcher. You're death couldn't

have come at a worse moment!

Fletcher: Gee! If I only knew I would have sucked it up and postponed my death until it

was more convenient for you all.

Hawk: You know what I mean, Fletcher….(sighs)…Ben! The entire quadrant is

threatened by total chaos. I don't mean to belittle your demise you know that, Ben -

but some things are more important that you and me.

Fletcher says nothing.

Fletcher: I know…..but if this is going to work you need to threat me like a person, not

an everyday computer program.

Hawk: (nods) Fear enough!

Fletcher: What happens if they visit the station?

Hawk: Well….no one enters the station without Starfleet Security knowing about it. We'd

have you…

Fletcher: …removed for the duration of their stay.

Hawk: Yes!

Fletcher is shaking his head without responding

Hawk: Look…you’re the only one capable of seeing this through. We couldn’t let you

go. Let's make the best of it.

Fletcher looks down in the floor without responding.

Hawk: Anyways! It’s in motion as we speak!

Fletcher: (looks up) What?

Hawk: They’re aboard the station, Ben!

Fletcher turns his head toward the door and it glides open with a soft sound. Elisabeth Janeway enters her private quarter (scene shift).

Act One

Sequence 2/ Scene 7

Captain Janeway enters her quarters and is visibly tired. The lights are out except for a nigh light on the other side of the room. She tosses two PADDs on the table, stops in the middle of the room and lays her hands on the back of her neck - tilting her head back.

She turns toward the replicator and walk over to it.

Janeway: Coffee. Black!

The replicator produces a mug of coffee. She grabs it with both hands and walks over to the window while blowing into the cup to cool it down a bit. Then she sips it and sighs loudly of relief while looking at the spectacular planet MARS outside.

Unknown voice: *Ehem*

Janeway turns around toward a dark corner of the room.

Unknown voice: I'm dreadfully sorry about the intrusion, Ma'am.

Janeway: (Touches her badge) Intruder alert! Security to the Captains Quarters.

Unknown voice: My goodness! Now see what you got us into. I told you this was a

dreadful idea.

A number of beeps, and small lights blinking from the shadows.

Unknown Voice: Oh do be quiet, R2!

C3P0 wobbles out of the shadows and R2D2 is rolling over the floor beside him

and beeps again!

C3P0: I’m afraid we got our self in a bit of a pickle. And so will you in about… (looks at

R2D2 which beeps again)…six hours.

Close-up on the captain's face.

Fade to black

Redigerad av the2mas
Länk till kommentar

• 4 veckor senare...

Paramount och LucasFilm äger rättigheterna til Star Trek och Star Wars - och delar därför rättigheterna till Gatekeeper med 4Fathers, men har inget med produktionen att göra. Däremot kommer de att presentera Gatekeeper som en del av sin storsatsning i höst, där flera Star Trek nyheter släpps på den Skandinaviska marknaden.

Länk till kommentar

Var med i konversationen

Du kan skriva ett inlägg nu och registrera dig senare. Om du har ett konto, logga in nu för att skriva inlägg med ditt konto.

Gäst
Svara i detta ämne...

×   Inklistrad som formaterad text.   Klistra in som klartext istället

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Din länk har automatiskt bäddats in.   Visa som länk istället

×   Ditt tidigare innehåll har återställts.   Rensa editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Skapa nytt...